Please note: Due to the concerns with the COVID-19 virus, our meeting schedule is now tentative. We will post updates here and on Facebook as we have them.
May 14th Meeting – We’re having it no matter where!
We will be having a May meeting. If we are allowed to meet physically, it will be at St. Georges, if not, we will be meeting through Zoom. If you would like to join us, please contact us here for the login information.
We’re looking ahead!
Sadly, there is no book, 101 Ways to Survive a Pandemic Without Going Crazy. If there were, I’d be first in line to read it! As it is, we’re are learning to adapt and figure out how to keep things going in as much of a positive direction as we can.
The board met last Monday, and we brainstormed several things that we can do as a Guild to support art and artists even in times like these. Hence – a few updates and announcements:
The board also decided to put our a survey to get some feedback from you! This will help us decide how best to move forward. So please click on the link to the survey here and fill it out!
https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/NLTTC9N2. We are looking in to the possibility of opening an online Guild Store!
The board has been tossing around the idea of opening up a Guild Store of some sort for a while. With the current situation also hurting so many brick and mortar locations, we thought that we definitely would like to open something, but maybe a physical location isn’t it. So we have decided to explore the possibility of opening an online Guild Store that to public can shop at. There are a ton of details that need to be worked out, and we definitely need to hear voices from you, our general membership! So with that, please consider being part of this new committee. You can either sign up through the Survey that was posted today, or you can just let us know by emailing us here.
3. We are trying to up our Social Media Game!
Ironically, during a pandemic, viral marketing is becoming more important than ever. Here are some things you can do to help!
- “Like” and “Share” fellow artist posts on your social media feeds. Bonus if you like and follow each other’s Facebook pages! The more we do this for each other, the more we get everyone’s art in front of more eyeballs!
- “Like” and “Follow” the Haverford Guild of Craftsmen social media pages:
- We now have a Facebook Frame! Just go to update/edit your Facebook image, click on add frame and search “Haverford Guild” it should appear right away.
- We are creating badges that you can post on your own website that identifies you as a Haverford Guild of Craftsmen Member or a Haverford Guild of Craftsmen Master Artisan. If you are interested, contact us here.
Signups for Peer Reviews and Master Artisan are now up on Entry-Thingy
If you would like to obtain Master Artisan status at the Haverford Guild of Craftsmen, the applications are now up on EntryThingy for 2020! In order to apply:
- You must be an HGC member in good standing.
- Items assembled from kits, or work completed under the direct supervision of a class instructor are not acceptable.
- Copies of another’s work or patterns of any kind are unacceptable.
- Commercially made objects may not be the major part of any work.
The deadline for the Fall session is August 6, 2020 and the session will be on September 13, 2020.
Peer Reviews are also a great way to grow as an artist!
Open to members only, peer review sessions are opportunities for artists to get feedback on their work. These are open to member’s only and facilitated by our Vice President of Standards, Robin Flynn. This is also a good first step if you are interested in obtaining your Master Artisan Status.
The deadline for the Fall session is August 30, 2020 and the session will be on September 13, 2020.
Thank you everyone for an amazing Fall Show!
On November 24th we had our Holiday Art and Fine Craft Show and it was amazing. Thank you, thank you to everyone who participated, volunteered and shopped!