Go to the pacrafts.org website and fill out the membership application form. Designate “Haverford” as your chapter of choice. Send an email to email@example.com letting us know you’ve joined and we will add you to our member mailing list and send you information about our current events.
Why Join the Haverford Guild of Craftsmen?
The Haverford Guild of Craftsmen is a local chapter of the Pennsylvania Guild of Craftsmen, a non-profit organization whose mission is to is to create opportunities for traditional and contemporary artisans, craft enthusiasts, and collectors through education, advocacy and community.
When joining a local chapter you also join the state-wide organization. Advantages to joining as a craftsmen (or senior craftsmen if you are 65 or older) are:
- Eligible to apply for Fine Craft Fairs hosted by the PGC.
- Craftsmen Member directory listing on the PGC website
- Eligible to apply to sell your work in the PGC store
- Opportunities to develop and teach PGC-hosted workshops
- Free admission to gated PGC events
- Opportunities to attend workshops geared specifically to help you run your art and fine craft business
- Opportunities to be a Mentor to a newer artist, or as Mentee to help you grow in your fine craft business
Craftsmen members also have the opportunity obtain an additional professional certification, Master Artisan. Master Artisans are certified through a jury process which scores the artist on our three key benchmarks – Excellence in Craftsmenship, Resolved Design, and Unique Voice. Artists who are able to demonstrate excellence in each benchmark is awarded the title of Master Artisan. Master Artisans also enjoy additional benefits such as:
- Special consideration for participation in PCG Fine Craft Fairs and exhibitions
- Eligibility to win awards presented at PGC Fine Craft Fairs
- Priority image use on PGC marketing and advertising materials
- Eligibility for “Monday Meet the Master Artisan” on PGC’s social media
- Recognition as a Master Artisan on the PGC website
- Show selection scoring bonus for PGC Fine Craft Fairs
Of course, there are some additional advantages to joining the Haverford Guild as well. We host two to three shows a year in addition to smaller pop-up shows and local exhibits. The shows are all juried and are open to everyone, however members get a discounted rate on booths as well as the option to get a smaller 5×10 space if desired. The smaller pop-up shows and local exhibitions are open to members only.
We do offer a chapter level Master Artisan program which is closely modeled after the state level Master Artisan certification. We also offer peer review sessions, where members can get valuable feedback on their work from our Master Artisan jury members.
We also meet regularly on alternating Sundays and Thursdays. When it is safe to do so its at St. George’s Epsicopal Church in Havertown. Otherwise we meet on Zoom (and when possible we will also include a Zoom option for when we meet in person.) Meeting topics range from artist presentations, professional development, show-and-tells as well as Make-N-Take workshops. We poll our members each year to find out what they would like to hear at the meetings, so that we can accommodate as many interests as possible.
We also look for opportunities to cooperate with other local art organizations, as well as support the arts and art education with donations to charitable organizations, as well as partnering together for special events.
We also have an online store, https://shop.haverfordguild.org. Everyone has to be a member to apply and be juried in. It’s a newer venture, but we are confident that in time it will be a valuable asset to all our members.
We are a friendly group, and we would love to have you join our community!
To join, you can go to: https://pacrafts.org/join/ and please choose the Haverford as your local chapter.